There are several measures you can take to reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Because vehicles are a major cause of carbon monoxide poisoning, always back your car out of the garage to let it warm up. Never leave it running in the confined space of a garage, particularly if the garage is attached to the home. The same holds true for lawn mowers or snowmobiles. Never use ovens or grills for heating devices.
Home heating systems represent only 5% of potential carbon monoxide sources. Though the amount of carbon monoxide produced is not substantial, it is important to schedule annual maintenance visits by a qualified technician to make sure all combustion appliances are operating properly and all chimneys and vents are free from obstruction.
For more information on carbon monoxide detection and prevention, contact your local Lennox dealer.
← What can be done to protect our home from the dangers of carbon monoxide?